"The SIMPLE life, of a NOT SO simple Wife."

Friday, December 5, 2008

Last night I was visiting my mom and dad. My mom wanted to come up to my home like she does almost every weekend, so as we were driving on the on ramp at 5th south in bountiful getting on to I-15 I was following a white F-150 truck and I noticed little round balls "at the time I thought they were rocks" flipping up and almost hitting my car. But they didnt look much like rocks more like BB's THEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN HIS FRONT LEFT TIRE BUSTED OFF and went rolling into the grassy median and stopped just before it rolled into traffic. His left front end fell against the pavement and he went skidding along. I was so glad that this all happened at about 15MPH. Because if it had happened any latter I would have probably been in a bad crash along with lots of other cars. Well this guy who looked to be in his late 20's early 30's got out of his car and I asked if he needed any help. He just looked shocked and said "I dont know what happened!" I told him that I saw the BB's from his bearing scatter along the rode right before his tire busted off. The guy was shocked and said that he just picked up his truck from the shop and they were working on his bearings! "OOPS! if it were me I would be for having the shop pay for the tow and all the damage to my truck cuz they obviously didnt fix the problem." There was an Police Officer two cars behind me so he came and got the guys info so they could tow his truck and the guy then went and took out the cutest little 4 year old boy out of the back seat who was sobbing and freaked out! I could not help but ask them if they needed a ride somewhere. "His boy was just so darn cute I couldn't help but ask." Well he said they live up in Hooper which is about 30 miles away!!! Well they were in luck because I live right by Hooper! Come to find out they only live about 10 Miles west of my and so he got his kids booster seat situated and off er went. Colby the little boy calmed down shortly after his dad got in the car. Colby has on a big puffy hunting camo coat and cowboy boots so I said "Buddy I like your coat a lot.... do you like to go hunting?" Well that started up conversation for the rest of the ride home and when all was said and done I wanted to keep little Colby for myself!

1 comments:

Lacey said...

I'm glad you didn't get hurt! Geez! I hate when things like that happen on the freeway.