"The SIMPLE life, of a NOT SO simple Wife."

Sunday, November 23, 2008





Well Lawson I guess we lost! For all of you that may not know John Lawson after a lot of hard work converted me over to the BYU side of things when I was in High School. "Dont give yourself too much credit John, I did just about anything you or your wife said.... AKA PROM!" John always said he would have to sit down with my husband to be and make sure he was good for me............ HELLO, did you forget to ask if he was as Y fan? Thanks! Yes I do have to say that the rose colored glasses did give him a red tone to his skin but I didnt think much about it. Well its too late now! Kent has never been to a Football game before. Not even a high school game so we figured we best spend the big bucks and see the best game of the year. I was all dressed in blue and Kent wanted RED so we went to Wall*Mart to get Kent some UofU stuff. While there he said that he would pay me if I wore RED instead of BLUE. I said okay for $200.00 his answer was UM NO! SO after about 30 min we agreed that I would wear red for $120.00! DEAL!!! But see I was the smart one cuz I didnt pick a U of U sweater or shirt I went and got a grey T with a cute red jacket that I would have bought anyway! Oh and did I mention he didnt pay me enough to cheer for the U so the fans sitting around us were a bit confused when I was going for BYU and all dressed in RED. There were some Y fans behind us that we got talking to and I told them I was paid off to wear red. So when I asked a kid to take our picture the Y fan we had been talking to put his hat on me just in time for the pic. Everyone around us was laughing! Kent had a blast and Im not sure what he liked better... BOOING at every BYU fan that walked past while we were tailgating...... having his team win the game..... OR, watching the fans rush the field before the game was over! I think my favorite part was when BYU ran 70 yards on the 2nd play of the game my mom sent us a picture text of Baby Mya with blue BYU on her forehead. Kent said we are going to have to find a new babysitter. :) Kent said he is getting season tickets next year and so you all may see me sporting the red look on game day but Im still a BYU fan...





5 comments:

Kimbie said...

Next season is the time to convert your hubby... you should buy the tickets and accidently buy BYU tickets...ooops! I saw the picture of Mya, too funny. I love your mom!

KO said...

What a game... for Utah at least. The poor Cougs just couldn't keep it together. Props for talking the hubby into paying you to wear an everyday, cute outfit. Glad you guys had fun!

Debbie said...

Looks like you had some great seats. When Kent buys season tickets for next year, do you have to wear RED? JK

Lawsons said...

...everything but letting us give you a ride home. John is just glad we live in Missouri now where not as many people give him such a hard time.

Lacey said...

How fun!!!!! I love college football. It's the best ever! GO UTAH! Why is my whole family BYU fans!? I did you all wrong. I thought I had converted you over to the true "lord's team". Utah IS the school of the prophets you know! Anyway, you looked great in the red and blue.